‘This is Your Life’
Produce Your Own Memory Book
If you are interested in capturing life stories of relatives or just recording achievements for a special birthday, then this short course might be for you. The aim is to teach you how to produce and publish a hardback book containing text and photographs.
Participants will be provided with a computer terminal linked to the internet and you will be signed up for free to an on-line book-producing programme. The aim is for attendees to take away enough knowledge to finish your book at home.
Duration: 3 and 1/2 hours
Time: 10 am – 1:30 pm
Date: Saturday, 6 April 2019
TBA: October 2019
Where: The Marlborough Enterprise Centre
The Marlborough C of E School
Woodstock, OX20 1LP
I.T. literacy: Basic
(Bring your own lunch)
- The course will be interactive.
- Advice and tips will be shared on producing a book of quality at the same time keeping costs down.
- The first part of the course will discuss the importance of memory books, what to include, where to start and what preparation is required.
- The second part of the course will discuss a variety of online programmes and show participants all the options that will make their memory book unique. Participants will follow the overhead screen as the tutor works online illustrating book sizes, paper quality, layouts, covers, embellishments, backgrounds, photographs and text.
- The third part of the course involves participants making a practice book online. You will be given a list of tasks to work on at your own pace. The tutor will assist and advise individuals where required.
For more information or to book a place on the above course, please contact Melanie King.